“And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”
“We’ve got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn’t matter with me now because I’ve been to the mountaintop…I’ve looked over and I’ve seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Martin Luther King, Jr. received The Noble Peace Prize of 1964.
I Have A Dream Speech
1. Print and color the Martin Luther King, Jr. Coloring Page.
2. Write an essay about Martin Luther King, Jr’s Dream and Vision for America.
3. Create a slide presentation about Martin Luther King Jr’s Life. Include Key Facts, and site your sources.
4. Create a Timeline of the life of Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. Research: What was America like in the time of Martin Luther King Jr.?