Discovery K12 makes it easy to homeschool. Learn more about our platform and curriculum below.
- Parent/Teacher Account
- Terms and Privacy
View: Sample Student Account
- Discovery K12 has been built using best-in-class, open-source technologies that are familiar and easy-to-use for any age.
- Students can learn anywhere. The platform is accessible on desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Daily Assignments are served up in a clean, user-friendly format.
- Automatic grading and reporting. See below.
- 24/7 email support and online Help section.
- Ability to go back in assignments/past days.
- Ability to go forward in assignments/future days.
- You can either follow Discovery K12′s school-year schedule that begins the day after Labor Day, or you can start anytime and go at your own pace.
- We offer a Non-Common Core, traditional, secular curriculum using today’s cutting-edge technologies from pre-k through 12th grade.
- Use our curriculum in any way you like, part-time or full time. Go by our schedule or yours. You can also supplement to our curriculum and integrate your own teaching and learning style.
- Reading classic literature, writing essays, creating presentations, and conducting research are important aspects to our program.
- 7 standard subjects including Reading/Literature, Language Arts, Math, History/Social Studies, Science, Visual/Performing Arts and Physical Education.
- Extra Curriculum includes Spanish 1, HTML Coding, Healthy Living, and Personal Finance
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and the Arts are integrated into the curriculum.
- Over 16,000 lessons across all grades and courses with videos, slides, worksheets and resources.
- Library with over 100 classic literature e-books such as Tom Sawyer, The Count of Monte Cristo and Treasure Island, to name a few.
- The curriculum has been developed and selected by us personally to ensure the best content is provided with every assignment.
- Weekly spelling program with over 6,300 words, printed/digital worksheets, and end-of-week spelling quizzes.
- In addition to weekly spelling quizzes, there are over 200 quizzes and tests are integrated into the curriculum. View sample quiz.
*Parent/Teacher Account (Optional Upgrade)
- Track ALL your students progress in one account
- Detailed Grade Books with editable reports
- Editable Attendance reports
- Editable Reading Log tracks daily literature reading
- Physical Education Log tracks daily physical activity
- Test results with correct/incorrect answers
- Reports can be printed at any time
- Answer keys for quizzes/tests
- Weekly spelling word lists
- Scope and Sequence of Curriculum showing when units start/stop and when tests come up, and other curriculum tools
- Course Personalization – Coming Soon!
The ability to select different courses from different grade levels.
- Easily produce mid-year and end-of-year transcripts
- Issue high school diplomas and certificates of completion
Terms and Privacy
- We respect the privacy of our students and parents, and do not share your information with others. Please see our Terms and Privacy policies.
- We are a private company and are not affiliated with any school systems or government agencies.
- Student Accounts are free!
- *Parent/Teacher Accounts are an optional upgrade – View Pricing
If you have additional questions, email us at: email@example.com